Monday, June 30, 2014

dream job?

talking to my brother Jeremy tonight and the subject of water came up, because he is getting ready to move across from a river. i remembered that his ideal spot when he was learning how to meditate and needed to go somewhere beautiful in his mind it was to a river. So he had a manifested a dream...IN THE SUBURBS OF DENVER!

I told him how magical it was to be near water for me, the amazing time I had at the lake the weekend before WHICH I SOMEHOW MANIFESTED. I told him about how on my 41 day vow of silence I read about a Russian cult leader of a nomadic tribe who would council his people to submerge themselves in water seven times a day and they would plan their perigrinations around river and lake crossings. This resonated with me and I have been trying to get in at least once a day ever since.

A shower is usual, but I find that in natural bodies of water the vibrations are much stronger. Positive ions or something.

That made me think of the woman I met on a recent tour of Wave Hill in the Bronx. She touched every tree she passed. I asked her why and she said that ever since she had become a Reiki practitioner she could feel their energy. As soon as she told me this it resonated and I knew it would effect the rest of my life in much the same way as reading about the Russian "saint" had. I would touch more trees because of HER energy.

Then I thought about a show I caught on TV in the hotel room when I went to Myrtle Beach with my in-laws a few months ago. It was called Naturescene and it was just a couple of naturalists walking through the woods and pointing out interesting things about the flora and fauna all around them. I could have watched the show for days.

I fantasized on the phone with my brother about putting a show together like that for my own surroundings, looking for some interesting naturalists of different varieties and walking through Central Park, or Prospect Park. But make it a little more out there, maybe bring literature into the mix somehow. Make the show that I myself would like to watch.

"One need never leave the confines of New York to get all the greenery one wishes" Frank O'hara


No comments:

Post a Comment