Saturday, October 12, 2013

Magic in a streak. I've noticed that they come that way. Why I don't know. My dad is visiting. Maybe that's why.

Finding the coffee table yesterday, just what we needed. And then deciding to buy a second copy of Dissidents Gardens at Jonathon Lethems reading today, as a gift to a friend. Finding a $20 bill in the book later. So the gift was immediately returned to me by the universe!

Dissident Gardens text place in New York Sunnyside where I have just moved to. It is full of the dream of lost community. And yet it is ironic because that is where I am finding community now. After the reading I saw several people from Sunnyside Gardens and the gardener who tends the community garden behind the Sunnyside Gardens. I said to them you are the real distant garden. They all laughed. And it was a golden moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment